Saturday, July 20, 2013

Experimenting With Susan's Garden Dies

Good morning everyone!  This week I received in the mail a bunch of dies by Sizzix called Susan's Garden.  It is a full line of dies to create flowers.  I fell in love with these as soon as I saw them.  Those of you who have followed me for awhile know that I started this blog to showcase flowers that I made using punches.  My header is a Christmas swag I made for a local scrapbook store that I taught at years ago.

Here is one of my first projects, a flower bobby pin for my daughter to wear.

I used the Flowering Quince Die Set.
I did not follow the directions to make the Quince but created my own fun flower using a light blue polka dot paper.  I cut each of the die pieces once and use all of the pieces.  I ran my Versafine cube in Pinecone along the edges of the petal pieces.  I colored the tips of the stamen with a Copic marker YR65 Atoll.  To glue it all together I used the best glue called The Ultimate.  I glued the petals onto the bobby pin and put a calyx under and over the bottom metal piece.  I then took the pin outside and sprayed the whole flower with Krylon Matte Finish several times. 
I designed this card for my daughter to keep the bobby pins organized.
Here is herself modeling.  It was early so she wouldn't let me take a front shot.  Maybe later.

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What pretty bobby pins - they are stunning - I am sure your daughter's friends will be queuing for them soon!
Blessings
Maxine