Sunday, May 26, 2013

I Just Love Stencils

I am just crazy about stencils lately. The pages below are in a journal I made by hand. The paper is extra heavy weight watercolor paper. I randomly painted it first with Tim Holtz and Adirondack Paint Dabbers. Then I took some Golden's Molding Paste and a stencil by Heidi Swapp and created the 3D circle design. After it dried I applied more paint lightly to the surface to color the dots. I dripped Liquitex acrylic inks from the top of the page to create the drips. On the third page panel I used a paint dabber on a stencil by Artist Cellar to create the flower look. The flap in the center of the page is a tag looped between two pages. The flowers are made from stenciled coffee filters which are then ripped and glued to silver foil to create a pattern. I punched out the graduated circles with hand punches from Marvy.

I then painted the stems with a Posca Paint pen and outlined them with a size 2 Sakura Pigma Graphic pen. Unfortunately I am left handed and I smeared some of the outline and lettering. The two butterfly cards (a previous project) are attached to the tag I looped through the pages. The final touches were some Tim Holtz tissue tape stained with Broken China Distress Stain and dabbed with Broken China Distress Paint.

 

1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

What glorious and riotous pages - love those flowers and the tags as accents.
Blessings
Maxine