Sunday, December 6, 2009

Letterpress, try try again

So I took a chance and opened another set of plates. This is the holiday one with a beautiful tree. Yes it is cracking too. With some adjustments the actual printing is amazing. It seems like the cracks are mostly from the areas where the plates were attached during the manufacturing process. Now I am torn. Do I take all this back today and fight with the store because I had to use and open several different packages to figure out that the plates crack, including paper, wipes and plates or do I wait and call Quickutz on Monday to replace the plates. I bought 6 sets of the plates at AC Moore with my holiday money. So I have a lot to return. I am glad I did not wait until the holiday to test it. Here is my first very simple card. I wish you could see the debossed surface in the scan. The best thing is no ink or debossing shows through to the other side. It looks very close to a professional print. Well, I have to say I have been inspired. I spent all day yesterday looking at real Letter presses for sale online. They are huge and quite expensive but a girl can dream.

No comments: