Friday, May 31, 2013

54 Card

My husband's 54th birthday is this weekend so I made him this quick card. For the background I embossed a thin foil sheet with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I then added some Ranger Vintaj Patina metal paint in various colors using a paper towel as an applicator. I dried the surface with a heat gun then gently sanded the surface to reveal the metal again in the raised areas. I stamped the paper with a word stamp by Clearly Vintage. The paper was a scrap from my scrap envelope. The clocks were already on it. The embellishments are all Tim Holtz I believe. I lucked out and found the safety pin with 54 on it. I gently rolled the edges of the paper for a more distressed look before applying it to the metal background.




1 comment:

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Cora - love the mettallic look under the geared paper.
Blessings
Maxine