Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Birthday Card for David

This is a card I made for my brother David.   It is his birthday Sunday and I just got around to making him this card tonight.  I always have a hard time making cards for men that is why I love these Harley images from my other blog Digital Two for Tuesday.  They always seem to work.




I used the riveted metal embossing folder from Tim Holtz on metal sticky tape from Home Depot.  Then I painted on Vintaj Patina paint by Ranger in Onyx and Clay.  I gently buffed off the ink from the entire surface and then sanded the raised areas.  I stained the images with Antique Photo Distress Ink and Picket Fence Distress Stain.

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great card - love that background, it is so 'mechanical' looking and compliments the image to perfection.
Blessings
Maxine

Robin said...

A very manly card. Great job!